The Institute of Tropical Medicine Antwerp looks for a coordinator of the
The success of health programmes largely depends on the quality of medicines.
Patients in wealthy, strictly-regulated countries can generally be confident
about the efficacy, safety and intrinsic quality of their medicines. People
in low resource countries however often only have access to substandard
medicines. QUAMED (Quality Medicines For All) develops and promotes
evidence-based strategies and policies for not-for-profit organisations
involved in the procurement of essential medicines in developing countries.
The network thus contributes to the reduction of the gap between North and
South, ultimately improving access to quality medicines for all.
Assignment of this position:
* Coordinate and animate QUAMED, act as the main link between the network
members, the pharmaceutical experts and external organizations.
* Coordinate and supervise QUAMED activities: operational research projects,
technical support to partner organizations, trainings, meetings,
participation in scientific conferences, advocacy etc.
* Report to the Steering Committee on project activities and achievements.
* Ensure the financial follow-up of the project.
* Report directly to the chairperson of the Steering Committee.
* You hold a master degree in pharmacy, or have appropriate equivalent
* You have proven knowledge of the international pharmaceutical scene.
* You are a team player and have proven coordination, networking and
* You are a problem solver and able to prioritize the workload.
* You are willing to travel regularly both within and outside Europe.
Previous working experience in developing countries is an asset.
* You speak and write fluent English and French. Knowledge of Dutch is an
* An intellectually stimulating, international and socially committed
environment. Personal initiative is encouraged.
* A full-time position for 3 years, negotiable to 80% FTU. Starting date is
January 1, 2011.
* A salary according the salary scales of the Flemish universities taking
into account your relevant experience and education.
* A public transport season ticket and/or a bike allowance, a private pension
plan after 2 years of service and luncheon vouchers.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Raffaella Ravinetto
(email@example.com, tel. + 32 (0)3 247 66 25) or Bjorn Van Den Sande
(firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. + 32 (0)3 247 62 17). Please apply before December
Send your CV with letter of motivation to email@example.com (we prefer e-mail)
or by regular mail to Instituut voor Tropische Geneeskunde t.a.v.
Personeelsdienst - Vacatures