[e-drug] HAIAP 40 years May 29

E-DRUG: HAIAP 40 years May 29

Health Action International Asia Pacific (HAIAP) 1981-2021 - 40 years!

Dear friends
We are celebrating our 40th anniversary at a special virtual gathering
on May 29, 2021 at 7 pm Penang time.   Please join us.

Program:
http://www.haiasiapacific.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/HAIAP-40-May-29-Program.pdf

Please register in advance for this meeting:
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZErf-6przMsEtDEY591_dgZwGmF_oA93im6

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.

The HAI / HAIAP story is a story of partnerships throughout our
regions - scientists and social activists, doctors and health workers,
global groups and grassroots effort - that have made what has become a
significant force for equitable access to essential medicines.
The rampant globalisation and misleading marketing within the milieu
of a global pandemic are also leading to arousal of public interest
groups all over the world to join and strengthen the networks for
change to just and equitable health systems.
http://www.haiasiapacific.org/

HAI-AP News is the organ of HAIAP and presents the happenings and
activities in the region and carries material in support of
participants' work.
http://www.haiasiapacific.org/haiap-newsletter/

On May 29, the 40th anniversary of the founding of HAI, we will hear
from three of our founders - Dato Seri Anwar Fazal, Dr Mira Shiva and
Dr Zafrullah Chowdhury and our HAIAP Governing Council Chair - Dr
Niyada Kiatying Angsulee as well as from Tan Sri Dzulkifli Abdul Razak
(Dzul.
We will also hear short reports from HAIAP people in a range of
countries - highlighting the breadth of interest and activities in the
field.

The Olle Hansson Award will be revived and a Fellowship Award will
also be established.
Award 1. The Olle Hansson Award will be recognition of long activism
Award  2.  HAIAP-Gonoshasthaya Kendra Award:  A 3-6 month Fellowship
at Gonoshasthaya Kendra (Bangladesh) for a younger person activist.

HAIAP Book
During the year we will work towards producing a book that will be a
chronicle of the life of HAIAP.

We look forward to being in touch with our E-Drug friends.

Beverley Snell
Coordinator: Health Action International Asia Pacific
<beverleyfsnell@gmail.com>