[e-drug] Implementing De-Prescribing Campaigns (2)

E-DRUG: Implementing De-Prescribing Campaigns (2)

Hi Lydia
We are fortunate to have a very different medicines control system here in
the UK but we are still keen to ensure we avoid over-prescription

One workstream is the EDeN project
https://www.sps.nhs.uk/networks/english-deprescribing-network/

We also have a National Health System approach called the DROP list
 https://www.prescqipp.info/our-resources/webkits/drop-list/

Despite these items being prohibited for prescription on the NHS it has
taken intensive time and input from the pharmacy teams to implement this
strategy since 2011. We start with the prescribers but then also offer to
work with patients who are resistant to discontinue or unable to stop
treatment. I would say we are approx 95% there in my local region! The last
5% will be the toughest.

Good luck with what you are doing - you have more battles to face than we have.

Happy to discuss if I can be of any assistance
Regards
Trudi

Trudi Hilton
Director, TH Pharmacy Consultancy Limited
MSc.  BPharm Hons
UK-based:globally-focussed
"T. Hilton Pharmacy Consultant" <thpharmacyconsultant@gmail.com>