[e-drug] Medicines We Can Trust Campaign: April Newsletter & Coalition Invitation

E-DRUG: Medicines We Can Trust Campaign: April Newsletter & Coalition Invitation

Dear e-druggers,

I am happy to share the latest newsletter from the Medicines We Can Trust
(MWCT) campaign, a global coalition that aims to raise awareness and inspire
collective action around the importance of medicine quality and the impact
poor-quality medicines have on people's lives.

Read the April newsletter here:
https://medswecantrust.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/MWCT-Newsletter-April-2021.pdf

The Case for Prioritizing Medicines Quality:
Everyone should have access to medicines they can trust -- as a right, not a
privilege. However, the WHO estimate that 1 in 10 medicines in low- and
middle-income countries are substandard or falsified (SF). Poor quality
medicines jeopardize people's lives and well-being, reverse progress on today's
most pressing health issues and waste precious resources. At best, poor quality
medicines simply fail to work, promising to help a patient while delivering
nothing; at worst, they can further sicken or kill. Urgent action is needed now
more than ever as the COVID-19 pandemic further threatens the quality and
supply of the world's medical products and the health of communities that
depend on them.

Factsheet on impacts and solutions:
https://medswecantrust.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/MWCT_2Pager_2019.08.21.pdf

About Medicines We Can Trust:
Launched in 2018, the MWCT campaign offers a shared platform for civil society
organizations, philanthropic foundations, government entities, researchers and
private partners to come together in support of prioritizing medicines quality
to drive progress across a range of global health issues. From securing
mentions of medicines quality within key publications (e.g., Political
Declaration of UN High-Level Meeting on UHC) to amplifying resources and human
stories, MWCT campaign members have helped to elevate the importance of
ensuring access to safe, effective medicines that everyone needs and deserves.
However, greater collaboration and investment is needed to drive policy change
for sustainable progress.

Learn more & sign up here to join this diverse global network of medicines
quality advocates:
https://medswecantrust.org/

Please reach out if you have any questions or would like more information.

Very best wishes,

Amy Meng
MWCT Campaign Team
info@medswecantrust.org