E-DRUG: 2nd International Workshop Monitoring & Evaluation of Global Health
Programs 5-13 Sep 2018 New Delhi
Empower is organizing the 2nd International Workshop on Monitoring and
Evaluation of Global Health Programs, scheduled from 5th - 13th September
2018 in New Delhi, India. The eight-day residential workshop on Monitoring
and Evaluation of Global Health Programs will provide the platform for
state of the art tools and techniques.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Apply the learning in various health programs on basic concepts and
practical approaches towards effective programmatic monitoring and
- Formulate a framework (result/logical/conceptual) on how the program
or intervention will lead to specific health outcomes and impact.
- Analyze sources of data, their uses, issue of data quality and its
importance in specific programs.
- Discuss and develop SMART program indicators based on an understanding
of program-specific criteria.
- Review the various mapping and population size estimation techniques
used for evaluating various health programs.
- Analyze the various approaches and methods of estimating program
- Review the various evaluation designs.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation plan for health program by applying
knowledge and skills gained throughout the course.
Some of the important topics of the workshop are:
- Developing M&E Plan
- Routine and Non-Routine Information Systems
- Frameworks and Indicators
- Gender Integration
- Population Size Estimation
- Size estimation methods like Census, Enumeration, Multiplier Method,
Capture-Recapture, Network Scale-up, PLACE Tool
- Overview of Extrapolation Methodologies
- Different M&E tools: like PRISM, DQA, DDIU
- Surveys and Surveillance
- Evaluation and Operation Research
Facilitators for this workshop have rich experience working in HIV and AIDS and
have authored documents, conducted workshops and provided technical
assistance for HIV prevention programs. They also have rich experience in
designing and implementing the research activities for many large-scale
HIV and AIDS projects.
Course fee: US$ 3200 which includes:
- 8-day face-to-face workshop in Delhi
- Resources, course material, and workshop kit
- Accommodation for the duration of the workshop
- Breakfast, lunch, tea, and snacks during the workshop sessions
- Airport transfers and local transportation for field visits
- Certificate from Empower School of Health
- One-year of technical assistance
- Does not include – airfare, health insurance, visa fees, dinner or
other travel expenses
Please follow this link for the online application form -
Please feel free to email us at
and et us know if you need any other assistance.
Ms. Kavya RS
Training & Education Coordinator
Empower School of Health | New Delhi . New York
(India) | email@example.com
Kavya RS <firstname.lastname@example.org>