[e-drug] Medicine Quality & Public Health Conference Abstract Submission Finishes 18th June

E-DRUG: Medicine Quality & Public Health Conference Abstract Submission
Finishes 18th June

Dear Colleagues,

Medicine Quality & Public Health Conference – Oxford : week of 23rd September
2018

A reminder to the medicine quality and access community that conference
registration will close on 31st August. However, we offer an Early Bird 10 %
discount until late June the end date will depend on when all early bird places
have been used up  so please register early.

This is being organised by the Centre for Tropical Medicine & Global Health,
University of Oxford. Please see the conference website, with an updated
program, at
http://www.tropicalmedicine.ox.ac.uk/medicinequality2018/
where you will find more information.

Submission of posters and talks will close on 18th June !

There is increasing interest in the neglected subject of poor quality medicines
and other medical products, their epidemiology, origins, detection and impact
and how to intervene to reduce their frequency. However, there has never been,
that we are aware of, a dedicated large academic and programmatic international
conference on the subject. The aims are to:

 1.     To bring together people from a diversity of backgrounds interested in
the subject [public health, national regulatory authority, pharmacy,
biomedical, chemist, law, ethics, cultural sciences, social sciences, public
health education & engagement, international organisations, NGOs, development
partners/donors in health, national procurement centres, the internet-sector]
to learn and discuss together. As the field is a young one and fragmented we
expect that all will benefit from this networking and discussion and greater
consensus reached.

2.     To discuss a wide range of relevant topics - including definitions, law,
international guidelines, epidemiology, public health impact, ethics, patient
and health worker knowledge, sociology of medicines  engagement, physical and
chemical analysis, packaging, regulation and potential interventions.

The conference will start with two days of scientific and operational research
orientated talks and discussion, followed by three days of more
policy-orientated discussion.

The Medicine Quality & Public Health Course will be held in Oxford the week
before. See:

https://www.conted.ox.ac.uk/courses/quality-of-medical-products-and-public-health#application

Please cascade this message to all you think may be interested !

We hope that you will be able to attend.

V best wishes,

Paul Newton & Céline Caillet
IDDO/WWARN/LOMWRU,
Medicine Quality Group, Microbiology Laboratory,
Mahosot Hospital, Vientiane, Lao PDR
Paul Newton <Paul.Newton@tropmedres.ac>