[e-drug] Opioid crisis in Africa (3)

E-DRUG: Opioid crisis in Africa (3)

Dear all,

I would like to say that there is health crisis in Africa caused by the
uncontrolled use of opioids.

The most common opioid being used is tramadol. People of all age groups are
affected. Most often these people suffer no condition requiring pain
management. I have had several persons complain about their children.

The severity of the crisis in most cases has not been documented. Rather than
bash the BBC report, I would rather, as one affected or whose community is
affected by uncontrolled sales and use of opioid, commend the report.

Together with a group of other pharmacists, working through our association
called Healthy Society, we are documenting the access and effect of opioid use
in adolescents with my community in Cameroon.�

Kind regards,
Robert Chana

Chapchet Pharmacist
Cameroon