E-DRUG: Vacancy: Manager, Global Sourcing Health Technologies
To apply go to:
Global Fund vacancy: Vacancy: Manager, Global Sourcing Health Technologies
The Sourcing team is responsible for developing and implementing sourcing
strategies over a wide range of health products with a total spend of over $1.2
billion annually. This includes implementing Market Shaping Strategies on
health products and managing the sourcing activities for the centralized
procurement facility, i.e. Pooled Procurement Mechanism (PPM).
The PPM annual spend of $1.2 billion, which represents over 60% of Global Fund
health products spend and about 25% of Global Fund grant spend annually, is
being utilized by 60 countries.
The Sourcing team had through its strategies and procurement decisions
generated about $500 million in savings between 2013 and 2015; improved supply
terms and condition with On time and in Full (OTIF) of over 75% and mitigated
procurement related risks through adequate governance processes.
The Sourcing Team negotiated prices are used for PPM countries and also
benchmark price references for non-PPM countries and these prices will be made
available on the online platform, Wambo.org.
The Manager, Global Sourcing of Health Technologies will lead one of the three
sub-teams within the Sourcing team and has the overall responsibility to
develop, implement and manage Global Tenders and framework agreements for the
product categories within the Health Technology portfolio (LLINs, Diagnostics
(RDTs and lab-based), IRS, Condoms, Lab Supplies)
Lead the sourcing activities of all health technology products spend through
the PPM to maximize value for the Global Fund through the identification and
implementation of sourcing best practices.
- Manage the category specifics content and process of the health technology
portfolio (LLINs, Diagnostics (RDTs and lab-based), IRS, Condoms, Lab Supplies).
- Ensure the sourcing process is followed as a key business process and to
ensure that sourcing is perceived as a value adding business partner.
- Be an active member of the Global Fund and wider sector Sourcing Community
in order to develop thought leadership related to the identification,
implementation and continuous improvement.
The Manager will facilitate the estimated $550M grant spend annually through
the PPM on health technologies (LLINs, Diagnostics with an
indirect financial accountability (RDTs and lab-based), IRS, Condoms, Lab
a) Strategic Sourcing
- Lead the development, update and implementation of sourcing and market
shaping strategies for the specified product categories
- Design and execute global tenders for specified health products
- Determine and manage supplier volume allocations and commitments throughout
the contractual period
b) Supplier Relationship Management
- Manage the multi-year and multi-suppliers framework agreements for the
specified product categories
- Manage the Supplier performance management and contract implementation
c) Demand and Supply Management
- Coordinate the consolidation of demand and develop global forecasting
- Supervise the management of country demands to support supply planning and
- Supervise the allocation of country orders to suppliers
d) Stakeholder Management and Reporting
- Contribute to the engagement with partners and stakeholders on sourcing
and procurement strategies for specified product categories
- Contribute to reports on Market shaping / sourcing strategies, KPIs and
other relevant topics
- Engage and support non-PPM countries or entities to expand the benefits on
sourcing strategies and framework agreements
e) Transaction Management
- Oversee execution of PPM orders from supplier allocation through Wambo.org
/ PPM Procurement Service Agent PSA
- Supervise the management of emergency orders through Rapid Supply Mechanism
f) People Manager
- Manage team to achieve objectives and maintain high level of engagement
- Master's degree in Pharmacy, Chemistry or other health / medical sciences
- Training in business administration or financial qualification would be an
- Minimum 15 years of experience with health products, especially on
diagnostics or indirect material requirements and strategic sourcing.
- Experience working within a matrix organization.
An excellent knowledge of English is essential. Knowledge of other languages
would be an asset.
- Business Partnering - ability to communicate and present at all levels,
working with stakeholders to deliver appropriate global sourcing strategies
- Subject Matter Expertise - core technical and market knowledge on products
- Strategic Sourcing - follow governance and proactively deploy continuous
improvement methodologies at the function and category level
- Management - initiating and managing major cross-geographic / supplier
Martin Auton <Martin.Auton@theglobalfund.org>