[e-drug] e-Procurement Sudan

E-DRUG: e-Procurement Sudan

E-druggers,

Today, 15th March 2015 at 12pm local  time, CMS (Central Medical Supplies
Public Corporation) has displayed its historical tender in front of more than
150 representatives of drug companies.

HE, the Federal Minister of Health and Director General of the National Health
Insurance Fund witnessed the displaying of the offers. The Minister addressed
the meeting. He acknowledged the contribution of drug companies and highly
appreciated the transparency of the CMS.

We, in CMS, call it historical because it is the first one of its kind.

First, all public health organizations (such as National Health Insurance Fund,
Military Medical Services, Police Medical Services, Revolving Drug Fund of
Khartoum and other States) participated in this tender (i.e. implementation of
pooled procurement presidential decree for the first time).

Second, it is the first electronic tender in Sudan. All bidders have submitted
their offers (more than 145 quotations) electronically. This will reduce the
adjudication time from 90 working days to only 15 days. The number of drug
companies which their bids have been successfully received is 93. The CMS has
received quotations for more than 600 items out of 785 (682 medicines and 103
consumable items.

 Finally, the expected amount of this biannual tender is €200 millions.

I would like to congratulate our colleagues in procurement directorate lead by
Nawal Eltahir, who insisted to pursue this project after participating in a
training course in India last year.

I would like to express sincere appreciation and gratitude to all of those who
have contributed to the completion of this Tender. I am indeed indebted to
many people who have provided inspiration, motivation or encouragement for CMS
to complete this Tender.  In this regard, I would like to thank the members of
the tender committee (more than 30 members from different governmental
organizations) for
being a source of encouragement, understanding and meticulously reading the
tender
document and made improvements over the past 3 months.

Yours sincerely
Gamal Khalafalla Mohamed Ali
PhD, MSc, PG Dip. (Health Econ.),  B.Pharm (Hon)
Central Medical Supplies Public Corporation (CMS)
Director General
Khartoum
Sudan
Mobile +249912318615