E-DRUG: Vacancy - QUAMED is looking for a project coordinator
QUAMED is looking for a project coordinator.
The full text of the vacancy can also be accessed at
As described below, for more information about this vacancy you may contact
firstname.lastname@example.org +32 (0)3 247 62 92),
or Jan Boeynaems
email@example.com tel +32 (0)3 247 07 42),
while the applications with motivations letter should be sent to
by 6th March 2015. Best wishes,
In a context of globalisation and market liberalisation, quality of medicine
will remain a major issue in the decades to come, especially in low- and middle
QUAMED (<http://www.quamed.org>) is a project that contributes to the goal of
ensuring quality medicines for all, by gathering and sharing independent
information, and by creating leverage on the pharmaceutical market in low- and
middle-income countries. The foundations for QUAMED were laid in 2010.
Since 2011, QUAMED has become a progressively successful project with currently
28 partners worldwide and more than 300 audit reports of drug suppliers that
are available to the partners in a shared database.
QUAMED is currently a project legally hosted by Institute of Tropica Medicine
in Antwerp, Belgium (ITM).
The objective is to create a new organisational structure for all of for parts
of the QUAMED activities and this independent from ITM. The perspective is to
become such an autonomous organisation within the next two years.
* You will ensure the overall coordination of the QUAMED project, including:
* The management of QUAMED activities, based on an annual work plan;
* The management of the QUAMED budget;
* Human resources management;
* The development of relevant procedures to facilitate the functioning of
* You will ensure the strategic vision and planning of the QUAMED project,
considering the objectives as outlined above.
* You will lead the QUAMED project successfully through the current transition
* You will carry out relevant field work and ensure technical backstopping as
* You will act as the main contact point for the partners, pharmacist experts,
donors and other stakeholders, and represent QUAMED at scientific and policy
* You will regularly report to the QUAMED Steering Committee.
* You will contribute to the fund raising.
* You hold a Master degree in pharmacy, or another Master degree. You have
proven experience in the pharmaceutical field.
* You have experience in the international pharmaceutical sector.
* You have a good understanding of the issues related to quality assurance.
* Previous related working experience in low income countries is an asset.
* You have strong strategic capabilities.
* You are a team player and have proven skills in coordination, networking and
* You are a problem solver and are able to prioritise your workload.
* You speak and write fluent in English and French. Knowledge of Dutch is an
* You are willing to travel regularly both within and outside Europe.
* An international, intellectually stimulating, and socially committed
environment; personal initiative is encouraged. You are based at ITM, situated
in the centre of the vibrant city of Antwerp.
* A full-time position for 2 years, ending on 31 December 2016. Starting date
as soon as possible.
* A gross salary set according to the pay scales of the ITM and the Flemish
* Reimbursement of public transportation costs, bicycle compensation and
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Bruno Meessen
<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> , +32 (0)3 247 62 92),
or Jan Boeynaems (<mailto:email@example.com> , tel +32 (0)3 247 07 42).
Send your application with motivation letter and ITM's application form to
by 6 March 2015.
Please use the application form available as a download on
Raffaella Ravinetto <firstname.lastname@example.org>