[e-drug] Ebola and Essential Medicine issues (4)

E_DRUG: Ebola and Essential Medicine issues (4)

Thanks Beverley for a valid comment/question.
Just prior to finalising my last post, I did a very quick internet check on
what guidance, if any, existed on this subject. I then came across the list I
shared.

However, since then, I have followed up with our Ministry of Health and
Sanitation and was given a small pocket book which I was informed is an
'adaptation'  of a WHO guideline document which I have now identified with the
following title:

"Clinical Management of Patients with Viral Haemorrhagic Fever:
A Pocket Guide for the Front-line Health Worker,
13 April 2014 - Interim emergency guidance - generic draft for West African
adaptation"

http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/130883/2/WHO_HSE_PED_AIP_14.05.pdf?ua=1

Re the above document - Dear Colleagues, I think it is really very important
that vulnerable African countries take a serious look at this document as part
of overall preparedness for the future.

Although I am now retired and have not been involved in frontline work, I know
that Ebola is a REAL and DRAMATIC disease and when it strikes it gives very
little time for searching or fidddling about.

Murtada M. Sesay BPharm.  MSc. MMI.  MCIPS.
Health Supply Matters
[Control Selection - Control Spend - Control Service]
38 Milton Margai
College Road
Goderich,
Freetown