E-DRUG: Job Vacancy - Pharmacist, The International Union Against TB & Lung
Pharmacist, TREAT TB Initiative
The Union North America Office - New York City
The mission of the International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung
Disease (The Union) is to bring innovation, expertise, solutions and
support to address health challenges in low- and middle-income populations
around the world. The Union works to achieve this mission through technical
assistance, education/training and research activities at international and
national levels. The Union underscores all activities with a strong focus
on the core values of Quality, Accountability, Independence and Solidarity.
Based in Paris with affiliate offices in several locations across the
world, The Union has close to 10,000 members and subscribers from 145
countries. Current activities focus on TB, HIV, child lung health, asthma
and tobacco control. To learn more about The Union, visit www.theunion.org
The Union seeks to hire a full-time Pharmacist for the TREAT TB
Initiative. The Union leads TREAT TB (Technology, Research, Education and
Technical Assistance for Tuberculosis), an international research
initiative supported through a multi-year cooperative agreement from the
United States Agency for International Development (USAID). In leading
TREAT TB, The Union engages international research partners and ministries
of health as well as other partners at regional and national levels who
collaborate to plan and implement research activities. This position is
based in The Union's North America Office in New York City, which serves as
the coordination hub for TREAT TB activities.
· Order and track medicines for TREAT TB project sites in Africa
and Asia, ensuring correct specifications and transport conditions.
· Maintain accurate, up-to-date records regarding pharmaceutical
orders and shipments.
· Develop documents required for customs clearance and/or for
importation approval by National Regulatory Authorities are made available
· Quantify needs for medicines and budget-related estimates.
· Organize and archive key pharmaceutical documents for possible
inspections by national regulatory authorities or donor audits.
· Advise the TREAT TB project coordination team and its partners on
drug dispensation & storage.
· Monitor consumption rates and expiry dates closely and initiate
replenishment orders when needed.
· Check technical accuracy of final invoices, packing lists and
certificates of analysis before shipment.
· Negotiate, maintain and build positive relationships with the
World Health Organization, the IDA Foundation, ministries of health and
· Liaise with partners as needed to ensure the timely delivery of
medicines and pharmaceutical supplies.
· Represent The Union and TREAT TB at international conferences and
· Undertake other tasks as needed
· Degree/diploma in pharmacy, e.g. PharmD or equivalent
· Superior quantitative skills
· Good communication skills, with public speaking experience helpful
· Two years of experience, experience in developing countries highly
· Experience in managing pharmaceuticals for international clinical
· Excellent organization and management skills required
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to
· Ability to work in a team required
· Ability to travel internationally required
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining relevant skills and salary
TREAT TB Technical Officer,
Tara Ornstein at
by 27 February 2015.
No phone calls, please.
Treat TB Initiative
New York City USA
Jessica Burry <email@example.com>