[e-drug] The WWARN Antimalarial Quality Surveyor now in French

E-DRUG: The WWARN Antimalarial Quality Surveyor now in French

Dear Colleagues,

The WWARN Antimalarial Quality Group is pleased to announce the launch of
the Antimalarial Quality (AQ) Surveyor in French.

<http://www.wwarn.org/resistance/surveyors/antimalarial-quality>

The AQ Surveyor is an online application which maps and tabulates published
reports of the quality of antimalarial medicines - see e-drug Digest, Vol
9, Issue 43 21 May 2012.

The Antimalarial quality group at WWARN has conducted a systematic review
of English, French and Spanish publications on medicine quality in
resources and databases including Pubmed, Google Scholar, the World Health
Organization, United States Pharmacopeia and Medical Regulatory Agencies'
websites. Over 300 scientific and lay reports, published since 1976 and
fitting our inclusion criteria have been codified into the database driving
the AQ Surveyor.

A simple dashboard allows users to examine antimalarial quality reports
either globally, or in specified regions or countries.

<http://www.wwarn.org/resistance/surveyors/antimalarial-quality/methodology>

 The AQ Surveyor is the first open access, independent, global repository
and map of such published reports. Our aim is to provide a useful tool
supporting the efforts of national and international organisations to
provide malaria patients with quality-assured, effective medicines­. We
hope that the tool will stimulate debate about improved methodology to
assess drug quality and also on terminology – a barrier to international
measures to tackle poor quality medicines. Our recent publication
highlights the caveats to accurately estimate the prevalence and
distribution of poor quality anti-malarials.

<http://www.malariajournal.com/content/13/1/139>

The AQ Surveyor will be updated as new data are published and we welcome
new contributions.  We hope that the Surveyor will focus attention on the
threat to global health from poor quality medicines, and advocate for
rational, pragmatic approaches to tackling the problem.

For those whose studies and reports are included, we hope that you find it
useful - please let us know if you find any errors.
Please share <aq@wwarn.org> your opinions and comments!

Very best wishes

Patricia Tabernero & Paul Newton
WorldWide Antimalarial Resistance Network (WWARN)
patricia.tabernero@wwarn.org
Antimalarial Quality Module *|
WorldWide Antimalarial Resistance Network (WWARN)*
patriciataberneroestevez@gmail.com