[e-drug] central medical supplies corporation stores

E-DRUG: central medical supplies corporation stores
[E-drug received several wishes for the festive season; in order not to fill up
your email boxes we did not forward those to the list. The E-drug moderator
team wishes all 4000+ E-druggers a happy festive season and a prosperous New
Year!

2014 will be the 20th year for E-drug - a very long time for an Internet email
list serv. Let us specifically thank also the Healthnet/Sattellife/FHI360 team
who are maintaining our servers and software over all those years.

One message looked like a Christmas tree - see below. Whereas I don't think
this was intentional, I am posting it as we received it.

Wilbert Bannenberg]

                 Dear colleagues, all of you e- druggers .
                                 good time
   we have one big store in central medical supplies public corporation -
            khartoum - sudan , with the following dimensions :-
                   the length of the store is 75 meters .
                   the width of the store is 50 meters .
                 the side height of the store is 7 meters .
              the average height of the store is 8.5 meters .
           the total storage area of the store is 3,750 meters .
     the total No. of items available in the store is about 400 items.
    the average No. of invoices issued on daily bases from this store is
                            about 100 invoice .
   the average No. of invoices issued on weekly bases from this store is
                            about 400 invoice .
   the average No. of invoices issued on a monthly bases from this store is
                            about 1600 invoice .
     the size of request received varied from small size request ( one
    medium size carton with miscellaneous types of drugs  consumables )
   or big size request ( contained on atruck with miscellaneous types of
                           drugs  consumables )
    the time period which is taken to prepare the small size request is
     about 1 hour , while the biggest one takes about 45 minutes ( this
                         because allways the small
   size request composed of small packs , No. of strips , small boxes of
                   injections , i.v fluids ..... etc ) .
                               what we want ?
    we want our colleagues to give us an idea as brain storming , how we
                   can deal with this big No.of customers
                   in the most efficient way regarding :-
   - minimization of the time required for the preparion of each request
                       what ever it is big or small .
    - ordering  arranging of the items in the store in the most modern
   better way ( pharmacologically , alphabetically , acc. to dosage forms
                         , multiple .......etc ) .
      - the possibility of using full automated system  the companies
                          working in this field .
      - possible precautions which can be taken to minimize the error
                 factors in di spensing ( plus or minus ) .
                     - any idea for this purpose .< BR>
                                   thanks
                           shihabeldin Ali Siddig
                 B.S.C pharm.( Hon.) , M.S.C.( management )
                central medical supplies public corporation
                  sales  distribution department manager
                       e.mail: shihab.ali@cms.gov.sd
                      mobile : 0912111117, 0122210187
                               P.O.box.:11995