E-DRUG: Vacancy announcement - Executive Director EPN
[To respond DO NOT CLICK REPLY. Respond to email@example.com as instructed
in the message]
Executive Director - EPN
The Ecumenical Pharmaceutical Network (EPN) is looking to recruit a results
oriented Christian individual to fill the position of Executive Director. EPN
is a non-profit Christian membership organization registered in Kenya.
Its mission is to support Churches and Church Health Systems
provide and promote just and compassionate quality pharmaceutical services.
EPN is the only global church-based organization that works specifically to
increase access to medicines and to strengthen pharmaceutical services. The
beneficiaries of EPN?s services include health institution boards and
managers, medicines policy makers, health professionals, church leaders, and
health staff involved in medicines management and pharmaceutical service
delivery. The working languages for the Network are French and English.
The Executive Director is the head of the organization and reports to a
seven member board.
The Executive Director leads the EPN secretariat in Nairobi and is
responsible for all programme and project management and execution in
cooperation with the network members. The secretariat is the network?s core
for the implementation of the EPN strategy (2010-2015). The ED will be
supported by a team of 9 staff, composed of programme officers (e.g.
pharmacists), administrative, accounting and communication staff.
· Lead the development process of the organization?s strategy and
programmes and be responsible for their proper implementation and the
achievement of defined targets.
· Develop programme applications following the network strategy.
· Manage and implement programmes and projects within the network in
compliance with the donor requirements.
· Report to the board, the partners, members and donors about the
achievement and impact of network activities.
· Develop and manage Network resources as per policy framework given
by the board and partner agencies; and formulate and implement fundraising
and sustainability strategies for the organization.
· Work with the churches and church-related agencies in formulating
and developing policies and programmes on the management, supply and use of
· Support churches, church-related agencies and members in raising
their voice and in dialoging on policy issues having impact on access to
medicines and pharmaceutical service in the church sector
· Recruit, manage and supervise secretariat staff
· Participate in board meetings as an ex-officio member and
communicate board decisions appropriately to the secretariat staff and the
Job Specifications (Knowledge, skills and experience required)
1. Bachelors degree in a medical, pharmacy or health related
profession and a master?s degree in business administration, public health,
project management or equivalent.
2. Five years experience in similar position, including hands on
experience working on donor funded programmes and the implementation of such
programmes. Experience working with Faith-based Organizations will be an
3. Experience and knowledge of programme development and project
management, fund raising will be a specific advantage.
4. The ideal candidate will also have strong management and leadership
skills, sound financial skills, good networking and communication skills.
Excellent knowledge of English; knowledge of French is advantageous.
Applications with a detailed CV and cover letter including salary
requirements and indicating daytime telephone numbers, address and the names
of three referees should be sent to:
The Board Chairman
Ecumenical Pharmaceutical Network
P.O Box 749-00606
Closing Date: Applications should be submitted by Tuesday 26 November 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
EPN is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Ecumenical Pharmaceutical Network
Gatundu Villas No.1, Gatundu road, Kileleshwa
P. O. Box 749 - 00606 Sarit Centre, Nairobi, Kenya
"Elisabeth Goffin" <EGoffin@epnetwork.org>