[e-drug] Request for information: shipment tracking software

E-DRUG: Request for information: shipment tracking software

Dear E-Drug colleagues,

A colleague at a small NGO who handles Procurement of medical
commodities (medicines, consumable medical supplies, some medical
equipment) asked me if I know a software package that she can use to
track the multiple shipments in her orders. She needs to know:
* how the order has been split into containers
* what is in each container (down to the item name/strength/quantity and
if possible the batch #/expiry date)
* which containers are in which shipment
* links to eg Bill of Lading, insurance documentation, inspection
certificates, etc,
* where the shipment is, its destination and expected arrival date.

She might also be interested in a Procurement database that lets her
link copies of tender documents, bid documents, tender review documents,
contracts, purchase orders, invoices, etc to each commodity and then to
the Shipment Tracking system.

I know about Inventory Control software for medical commodities, but not
about shipment tracking. I will happily summarize your suggestions and
report back to this group, as well as sharing with my colleague.

Thank you in advance for your ideas,

Libby Levison
International health consultant, medical logistics
Boston, MA
libby@theplateau.com