[e-drug] List of books on medicines and/or Big Pharma (3)

E-DRUG: List of books on medicines and/or Big Pharma (3)

I think Ellen t'Hoen's 'The Global Politics of Pharmaceutical Monopoly
Power' should be added to the list.  It was published in 2009 by AMB
Publishers in the Netherlands.

Philippa Saunders.
UK
e-mail: philippa.m.saunders@gmail.com

[Thank you Philippa.
 Here is the blurb from MSF:
The Global Politics of Pharmaceutical Monopoly Power
Every day, Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is confronted with the lack of access
to adequate or affordable medical tools in the field. We face two major
challenges the high cost of existing medicines on the one hand,and the absence
of appropriate or effective treatments for many of the diseases affecting our
patients on the other.
This book by Ellen t' Hoen, former Director of Policy Advocacy for the MSF
Access Campaign, explains why these twin challenges are in fact two sides of
the same coin.  More importantly perhaps, it also analyses the latest
mechanisms and policy changes that may help change the broken system of medical
innovation and access to medicines today.
http://www.msfaccess.org/content/global-politics-pharmaceutical-monopoly-power
ACCESS_book_GlobalPolitics_tHoen_ENG_2009.pdf  ]