E-DRUG: Course: Managing Procurement of Essential Health Commodities,
Netherlands, Oct 20-25
[To respond see contact at end of message - do not click reply]
Dear e-drug members,
i+solutions will conduct a 5-day course in Managing Procurement of Essential
Health Commodities, given in English, scheduled to take place in the
Netherlands from the 20th to the 25th October. The deadline for early-bird
registration discount is on the 25th August. The final deadline application is
on the 22nd September.
More information can be found at
This course addresses the major challenges faced during procurement and aims at
building participants' capacity to manage the procurement processes in a
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Manage and evaluate procurement activities;
- Managing the tender process;
- Using SOPs;
- Knowing how to use the different procurement methodologies;
- Stakeholder analysis: who needs to be involved for proper and effective
- Influence of other activities in the medical supply chain on procurement work
and vice versa;
- Dealing with the challenges in procurement.
The course is highly participatory, the interchange of skills and experience
among course members is essential for training activities and learning. The
course contains presentations, discussions, exercises, and case studies. The
major topics include:
- Selection of essential medicines and medical supplies.
- Quantifying essential medicines and medical supplies.
- Procurement overview.
- Procurement methodologies.
- The tender process.
- Supplier selection and vendor management.
- Procurement planning.
- Procurement management.
- Shipment and receiving.
- Monitoring & Evaluation of procurement.
- At least 2 year work experiences in Central and Regional level of PSM;
- At least 2 year direct work experience in Procurement area;
- Strong English language skill is necessary..
- Before 25 August: 2,600 euro
- After 25 August: 2,800 euro
Tee Fee Includes:
- Tuition fee (including course materials and admission costs).
- Transfer to and from the training venue to Amsterdam International Airport.
- Hotel accommodation (single occupancy) for the duration of the course (from
Sunday to Saturday). 6 nights in total.
- Welcome Dinner on Sunday and Farewell Dinner on Friday.
- Three meals a day during the course period (from Monday to Friday).
- Coffee and tea during course breaks.
Application and Deadline
Interested candidates are requested to fill out and return an application form
for pre-registration. i+solutions will review applicant's qualification and
motivation per the requirements of the applied course, then send a confirmation
and invoice to selected candidates. Application and fee must be received as
soon as possible and at the latest on the 22nd September, 2013.
i+solutions reserves rights to postpone and/or cancel the training if we do not
receive the minimum number of participants after the registration deadline.
To request for application form and/or more information on the course, please
Training & Consultancy Department
More Trainings can be found at http://www.iplussolutions.org/
- Forecasting and Quantification of Essential Health Commodities, 13 - 18
- Managing Inventory in Supply Chain, 17 - 22 November 2013
i+ Solutions -Training <Training@iplussolutions.org>