E-DRUG: PSM Toolbox Quarterly Update
The PSM Toolbox is developed by WHO/AMDS together with i+solutions and other
international organizations. It is presented in the form of a search engine
where PSM professionals may select tools to suit their needs without losing
time navigating in several agencies' websites. The full database can be
accessed online as well as downloaded to USB sticks or hard disks allowing
users to make use of the tools in areas without internet access. Users may also
update their data whenever they have internet connection.
The USB version of PSM Toolbox is updated once every three months. The latest
version (27-06-2013) is now available for download. Users may update their
older version or download the new version at
Manual for creating a new USB version:
Manual for updating an older version:
The PSM Toolbox is constantly being updated with new contents by various
international technical agencies and institutions. The following tools were
updated and/or added to the PSM Toolbox in the second quarter of 2013 (from
April to June). To view the details of the tools, please go to
- Emergency Response to Artemisinin Resistance in the Greater Mekong Subregion
- Test Procedures for Insecticide Resistance Monitoring in Malaria Vector
- Indoor Residual Spraying: An operational manual for IRS for malaria
transmission, control and elimination (WHO).
- Management of Severe Malaria ?C A practical Handbook (WHO).
- Guidelines for Laboratory and Field-testing of Long-lasting Insecticidal Nets
- WHO policy brief for the implementation of intermittent preventive treatment
of malaria in pregnancy using sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine (IPTp-SP) (WHO).
- Female Condom: Generic Specification, Prequalification and Guidelines for
Procurement, 2012 (UNFPA/WHO).
- Safe Disposal and Management of Unused, Unwanted Contraceptives (UNFPA).
- Procurement Performance Indicators Guide (USAID | DELIVER PROJECT).
- Resources for Managing the HIV & AIDS and Laboratory Supply Chains (USAID |
- Getting Products to People: The JSI Framework for Integrated Supply Chain
Management in Public Health (JSI).
- A compendium of guidelines and other documents supporting stewardship of
Vector Control product (CropLife International).
- How to Recruit and Retain Health Workers in Rural and Remote Areas in
Developing Countries ?C a Guide Note (World Bank).
- Malaria Rapid Diagnostic Tests - An Implementation Guide (FIND).
- Essential drugs. Practical guidelines intended for physicians, pharmacists,
nurses and medical auxiliaries (MSF).
- Tuberculosis - Practical guidance for clinicians, nurses, lab technicians and
medical auxiliaries (MSF).
- Jeu de carte (Solthis).
- Score d'alerte precoce de rupture (Solthis).
- Medicaments essentiels. Guide pratique d'utilisation à l'usage des medecins,
pharmaciens, infirmiers et auxiliaires de santé (MSF).
More information of the PSM Toolbox, please visit
PSM Toolbox Coordinator