[e-drug] ARV medication factory opens in Mozambique (3)

E-DRUG: ARV medication factory opens in Mozambique (3)
[Can we also hear what happened with other ARV production plans in DRC,
Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda, Ethiopia, Zambia etc?
Please remember that Least Developed Countries are exempted from their TRIPS
obligations re patents until at least 2016. Could one of the African countries
take over the role of India which can no longer easily produce and export
generic versions of medicines patented after 2005? WB]

Dear E-druggers,

I congratulate the government and people of Mozambique on this project that
will indeed alleviate suffering and ease the vicious cycle of ill health and
poverty.

On the other hand, am wondering what has become of Nigeria's version of similar
project in Yaba, Lagos which is lying moribund after completion of building and
installation of equipments?

We need well meaning individuals, advocates and international agencies like
MSF, WHO to speak up on such issues rather than maintain status quo.

with kind regards

Olatubosun Obileye
Project 5 Loaves 2 Fishes
Nigeria