[e-drug] For cheaper drug options, send SMS (8)

E-DRUG: For cheaper drug options, send SMS (8)

Dear Colleagues:

Further to this e mail thread, I quote from Dr. Tripathi's message (SMS (5)): "
... . Although the prescribers have a general belief that the lower the cost
the more inferior the quality, there is no hard evidence that the relatively
inexpensive branded generics are of poor quality."

I wish to bring to your attention an interesting paper by Bate et al. (PDF
should be available at http://www.nber.org/papers/w16854), entitled "Does Price
Reveal Poor-Quality Drugs? Evidence from 17 Countries" which essentially
supports the statement quoted above.

regards

Warren Kaplan
wak@bu.edu