[e-drug] Multinationals out to make higher profits in developing countries (7)

E-DRUG: Multinationals out to make higher profits in developing countries (7)

[Multinational pharmaceutical companies are responsible to their shareholders
who expect profits and do not generally expect 'moralistic' behaviour of the
management. Is there any reason to expect 'fair' treatment? DB]

Thanks Ajay for this.

We are sincerely not being fairly treated when it comes to drug pricing by the
multinationals in Africa. Some drugs come at prices ten times higher than the
their generics. In this era where access to medicines is the order of the day
we would only be 'sloganeering' if we are not making the prices affordable to
the consumers.

Emmanuel Afunwa
emmafunwa@yahoo.com
[Please add name and affiliation/country to messages - Moderator]