[e-drug] Glaxo to pay $3 bn for largest health care fraud in US (14)

E-DRUG: Glaxo to pay $3 bn for largest health care fraud in US (14)

[Apologies that the moderator's messages are longer than the post itself.
Please keep reading.

E-Druggers are reminded that when submitting a message for posting on the forum
they should ensure that they sign it with their name, affiliation and country.
This is to help colleagues know who the message is from and put the question in
context. Please observe this rule especially when using a mobile device.
Moderator]

[WHO as a policy making body has guidelines on the ethical promotion of
medicinal products
http://archives.who.int/tbs/promo/whozip08e.pdf

They have also maintain a database and have produced a summary of evidence
together with Health Action International: 'Drug promotion, what we know, what
we have yet to learn. Reviews of materials in the WHO/HAI database on drug
promotion.'
http://apps.who.int/medicinedocs/pdf/s8109e/s8109e.pdf

Please fix URLs in browser if broken.
Other colleagues may wish to elaborate further - DB]

Dear All

In as much as I agree that patent laws are country based I would like to know
the role of W.H.O  on the GSK issues and others  like that.

Koi Baryeh
albaryeh@yahoo.com
[signature added by moderator]