[e-drug] Information on Mi Farmacita Nacional (Mexico) for thesis on social franchises

E-DRUG: Information on Mi Farmacita Nacional (Mexico) for thesis on social
franchises
--------------------------------------

Dear all,

I am currently writing my Master's thesis on the extent to which
pharmaceutical social franchises can increase access to medicines, and
Mi Farmacita Nacional (Mexico) is one of my 'case studies'. However I
have not been able to access more updated information than the 'What
works' 2007 case study, and the website does not seem updated either
(phone numbers don't work).

Would some of you have some information on this, such as whether the
organisation still exists and how many pharmacies are currently in
operation - and if it does not exist anymore, why not?

I would also be interested in knowing whether each pharmacy is/was
staffed by a pharmacist at all times, or if a supervisory pharmacist
can supervise more than one pharmacy (and is then not present at all
times), as I'm not sure what the national regulation is for this.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Alix Pahaut
MSc Economics student at University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
alixpahaut@gmail.com