[e-drug] WHO: The evolving threat of antimicrobial resistance -Options for action (2)

E-DRUG: WHO: The evolving threat of antimicrobial resistance - Options for
action (2)

In this this thorough and good publication I miss one aspect.
Mapping antimicrobial resistance, AMR, is important. But international drug
statistics is difficult, and one of the difficulties is that so few
countries have implemented the ATC drug classification system. The ATC
classification system for medicines is recommended by WHO, but the global
use is hindered because especially USA, but also large countries like UK,
France, Germany have not adapted ATC. And these countries do not have other
systems suitable for international drug statistics.

We need international drug statistics also for other diseases, so put
pressure on these countries.

Stein Lyftingsmo
Hospital Pharmacy of Elverum, Norway
www.lyftingsmo.no