[e-drug] Regional Procurement and Supply Management Expert, Latin America

E-DRUG: Regional Procurement and Supply Management Expert, Latin America

The Swiss Centre for International Health (SCIH) of the Swiss Tropical and
Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) conducts consultancy, project management,
training and applied research work in international health. We are contracted
by the Global Fund to provide Local Fund Agent (LFA) services and are seeking
applications for the following position based in Nicaraguaor El Salvador:

Regional Procurement and Supply Management Expert
Latin America
�
Tasks:
Review of quantification and specifications of pharmaceuticals and health and
non-health products and equipment to be procured;
Assess systems for the management of health and non-health products (storage,
distribution and information systems);
Review a sample of tenders for the procurement health and non-health products
for consistency with Global Fund procurement policies and principles;
Review information entered in The Global Fund’s online reporting system;
Review consistency of procurement plan, workplan and budget and performance
targets
Conduct site visits to cross check information reported by Principal Recipients
�
To best fit into our active, interdisciplinary team we are looking for
candidates with the following qualifications:
�
A minimum of 7 years’ experience in managing or advising on the procurement,
distribution and supply of health products, particularly in developing
countries with:
University Degree in pharmacy preferably or related discipline is required
((Master degree level minimum).
Professional training in procurement and supply management (PSM) of health
products, logistics and/or public health is desirable
Significant experience in most, if not all, of the below six areas:
(i)Experience/expertise in assessing policies, systems and structures in the
public and/or private health sector relevant for managing effective and
efficient access to pharmaceuticals and other health products, particularly for
AIDS, TB and malaria;
(ii)Experience/expertise in the procurement of health products including
regulations and tendering process;
(iii) Experience/expertise in supply chain/logistics management systems;
(iv) Experience in quantification and forecasting of health product needs in
public health programs;
(v) strong understanding of AIDS TB, malaria market dynamics and existing
global supply challenges as well as international health products procurement
and supply management processes, applicable national and international laws and
recognised standards; and
(vi) Good writing and analytical skills.
Minimum of two years working experience in the health sector in low- and middle
income countries
Knowledge of Global Fund procedures and requirements is an asset
Excellent command of English and Spanish required.
Good communication skills,
strong team spirit, ability to work under minimal supervision and in
multi-cultural context

An initial contract of two years will be offered with possibility of renewal
based on performance.

We are looking to have the successful candidate in place as soon as possible
�
If you are interested, please address your application in English with CV in
English (maximum 3 pages) and names of 3 referees by 26 March 2012 to Nicole
Haenggi (Human Resources) and Magali Babaley (Project Leader) by e-mail at:
nicole.haenggi@unibas.ch and magali.babaley@unibas.ch with copy to Odile
Pham-Tan at odile.phamtan@unibas.ch
�
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
�
For further information please consults our
website:
http://www.swisstph.ch/fr/services/swiss-centre-for-international-health/systems-performance-and-monitoring.html