[e-drug] Shelf life of proprietary liquid preparations after opening (6)

E-DRUG: Shelf life of proprietary liquid preparations after opening (6)

[The debate is now closed as nothing new has been added. The topic remains
unresolved. Moderator]

Dear all:

I agree with Dr Santanu.
Often, the shelf life after opening is unknown to most of the nurses. As it
is not written on the bottle.

When nurses are the ones who really need to know this info as unused/balance
drug are often kept in the fridge for next use.

They often call up the Pharmacy to enquire and we will need to check in the
product insert.

I feel that this important information on ' stability of drug after
opening/after reconstitution' should be on the label  for easy access of
information to our end users eg nurses/administrators of medicines.

Thank you

Michelle Tan Hwee Pheng
Drug Information Pharmacist
PPUKM