[e-drug] DTCA in Europe? (2)

E-Drug: DTCA in Europe? (2)
--------------------------

Dear all

Howard Brody and I have a forthcoming article in the Am J of Public Health on
the "inverse benefit law" that shows wider marketing inevitably dilutes
benefits and increases harms from drugs promoted.

Thus European leaders are approving a measure for company-sponsored "education"
(marketing) that worsens public health and patient health, and increases health
care costs. See also The Risks of Prescription Drugs (Columbia Unv Press 2010)
on how they have become the 4th leading cause of death.

Don

Donald W. Light
Cell: 609-216-0071
Professor, UMDNJ-SOM
Lokey visiting professor, Stanford University
Visiting researcher, CMD, Princeton University