[e-drug] Methionine and N-Acetylcysteine

E-DRUG: Methionine and N-Acetylcysteine
---------------------------------------

Dear e-druggers,

As many of you possibly aware Methionine and N-Acetylcysteine (NAC) are
interchangeably in use in many countries as antidote for management of
Acetaminophen (Paracetamol) overdose. WHO expert committee will review the
status of these two medicines in its next committee meeting. Since the main
differences between these two medicines are due to their prices which have
affected their availability in different countries.

I am doing a very rapid survey about the availability and price of these
medicines in different countries. It would very much appreciated and helpful if
you could answer these questions and kindly return your answers to me at:
majidcheraghali@gmail.com

1. Is Methionine and/ or NAC is available in your country?
2. What is unit price of each of these medicines in your country?
3. Name of your country?

Regards,

Majid Cheraghali; Ph.D.
Professor of Pharmacology
BMS University
Tehran-Iran
Tel: (+9821) 88601582/83
Fax: (+9821) 88601580
majidcheraghali@gmail.com

[please send a separate, new message with your info to
majidcheraghali@gmail.com; do not reply to this message, as otherwise your
moderator has to intercept the message! WB]