[e-drug] Ghana to recall substandard antimalarials (3)

E-DRUG: Ghana to recall substandard antimalarials (3)

Dear Prof. Passmore,

Thanks for your contribution.

As a pharmacist working at the policy-making level, your questions have given
me points to think about when looking at the systems we have in place to ensure
that we do not have counterfeit and/or substandard products.

The fact that we find such products on our markets is an indication of the
breakdown in integrity of our systems.

It would be useful for all of us to answer the questions that you asked to get
clear for ourselves what is missing the presence of which would make a
difference.

I am undertaking to take these questions and include them in the
deliberations at our Departmental meetings as we move towards implementing
our revised Kenya National Pharmaceutical Policy.

Kind regards

Dr. Elizabeth Ominde-Ogaja
Deputy Chief Pharmacist/ Head of Division of Medicines Information and
Appropriate Medicines Use &
Secretary of Medicines and Therapeutics Committee
Department of Pharmacy
Ministry of Medical Services
P.O. Box 29725-00202
Nairobi