[e-drug] Nutrition in health care, any role for pharmacists? (7)

E-DRUG: Nutrition in health care, any role for pharmacists? (7)

Billy Futter touches on a reality in traditional pharmacy training, in respect
to an area considered by a few schools of pharmacy thought (as we can see from
these contribution) as uninteresting, and therefore not so important to invest
in by pharmacy. May I challenge us to look up the GAIN website (the Global
Alliance for Improved Nutrition), as I believe that will also provide this
discussion an interesting angle on this subject. Here's another Alliance that
is investing in public wellfare, working with both private and public sectors.
I would like to know what approaches GAIN considers to deliver their
strategy(ies), and whether pharmacy has been considered as one of these
avenues, if so, how?

Regards,

Bonnie

Bonface Fundafunda PhD., MBA., B.Pharm