[e-drug] Nutrition in health care, any role for pharmacists? (3)

E-DRUG: Nutrition in health care, any role for pharmacists? (3)

Dear Rebecca,
I fully support the advice provided by my colleague, Murtada. Even where we
are, this subject is exercising everyone working in areas such as general
nutrition, HIV/AIDS and other infectious diseases. Clearly there is a need for
pharmacy, and the health sector as a whole, to put some effort in addressing
exactly what the pharmacist / pharmacy can effor in general nutrition and then
in specific areas such as some of the critical areas mentioned above. The risk
of not doing so is that we may be missing health benefits that might be
obtained from and through nutrition intervention, in spite of the presented
complexities.

Regards,
Bonnie

Bonface Fundafunda PhD., MBA., B.Pharm