[e-drug] Training course in managing medicines supply? (2)

E-DRUG:  Training course in managing medicines supply? (2)

Dear Isam M. Ali

In the last many years we at Makerere University (Uganda) have had
experience with such training you have cited. From 1996 we have mounted and
executed international courses under the auspecies of the International
Network for Rational Use of Drugs (INRUD) and Drug and Therapeutic
Committees (DTC). Typically participants have come from such far afield as
Central Europe, Asia, such as Pakistan, India, Afganistan, Mongolia and
within Africa itself, like Sudan, Ghana, Nigeria, S. Africa, etc.

Needless to say these courses have all been rated to be highly successful.

In more recent years we have linked up with MSH/USAID and set up a strong
regional network involving Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and Uganda for an effort
to enhance regional medicines management capacity. We then, with assistance
from MSH developed useful training materials tailored for the local needs.
We have henceforth mounted such courses both for local and international
health workers. Lecturers for the courses have come from the Faculty of
Medicine, Makerere University with leadership from the Departments of
Pharmacy, Pharmacology & Therapeutics and the Infectious Diseases Institute.
We have also drawn international teaching faculties from WHO, Ghana, USA,
UK, etc

And so yes neighbouring the Sudan as Uganda is, we believe we can mount a
cost-effective course on managing medicine supply for you in Sudan or at
Makerere itself. You can contact us at the address given below.

Best regards

Professor Richard Odoi Adome
Head
Department of Pharmacy
Makerere University
Box 7062 Kampala UGANDA

Tel +256 414 532389
cell +256 712 328 550
Fax +256 414 258 053
Email: pharmacymu@med.mak.ac.ug

you could also contact

Dr Paul Waako
Head
Department of Pharmacology & Therapeutics
Makerere University
Box 7062 Kamapala UGANDA
email: pharmacology@med.mak.ac.ug

[Several e-druggers also suggested you contact IDA Training
http://www.idasolutions.org/index.php?p=training
or email  info@idasolutions.org ]