[e-drug] HAI Statement on Colombian Paper at IGWG

E-DRUG: HAI Statement on Colombian Paper at IGWG

Dear E-druggers,

On behalf of Tim Reed, Health Action International Global Director, I am
forwarding you the message below.
Kind Regards,
Teresa Alves

Teresa Leonardo Alves
European Coordinator
Health Action International (HAI) Europe
Overtoom 60 II
1054 HK Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Mobile:+31 6 246 867 71
Tel: +31 20 489 1864
Fax: +31 20685 5002
Email:teresa@haiweb.org
Web site: http://www.haiweb.org

HAI Statement on Colombian Paper at IGWG

A regrettable situation is unfolding at IGWG regarding a paper about the
Colombian Delegation, which purports to come from HAI.

I am now writing to clarify that this did not originate from HAI as such,
nor did it go through HAI clearance procedures.  It was, however,
distributed by one of the HAI delegates, and HAI takes responsibility
for this error.

 HAI apologises for the statement, which has been retracted and those
responsible for distributing the document have left the IGWG meeting.

Health Action International wishes to publicly apologise for any offence
that this unauthorised statement may have caused to any delegates at
IGWG.

In addition, we need to make clear that the consensus of civil society
organisation opinion to which the offending document refers did not
exist, and no blame should be apportioned to any organisation other than
HAI.  Civil Society organisations have worked hard to achieve
recognition by the IGWG process, and HAI's mistake should not reflect on
them.

HAI is committed to IGWG and realises the gravity of the situation that
may have been caused through the indiscretion of a member of the HAI
delegation.

Health Action International (HAI) is an independent, global network
working to increase access to essential medicines and improve their
rational use through research excellence and evidence-based advocacy.