[e-drug] Conflict of interest when dual positions in academia and industry (3)

E-DRUG: Conflict of interest when dual positions in academia and industry (3)

Many years ago when I use to be a member of the Rotary Club in my home
country, Sierra Leone, I recall what was referred to then as the "4-way
test", They were  4 basic questions Rotarians were reminded and encouraged
to ask themselves in all the things they  think, say or do, namely  (1) Is
it the truth? (2) Is it fair to all concerned, (3) Will it build goodwill
and better friendships? (4) Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
As I read Leo's pragmatic and frank arguments, which I also agree with, I
thought that perhaps, in this matter,  if both Industry and the Researcher
answered the above questions in the affirmative, we would be well on our
way to "win-win".

Murtada M. Sesay
Technical Officer (Pharmaceuticals)
UNICEF Supply Division