[e-drug] compounded drugs too lightly regulated? (2)

E-DRUG: compounded drugs too lightly regulated? (2)

Dear e-druggers

Although I am no longer in community practice and lay no claims to
knowledge in this area,  the issue should obviously be of great concern to
us as professionals as well as consumers.

However, I think it is an area where we should be clear whether the issue
is quality, safety, efficacy or  a combination of any of these parameters.
Of course, for the unfortunate incident and patient, it is too late, but if
we are to better address this age-old problem of pharmacy-prepared
medicines it will be useful to  pin point where the problem(s) is/ are.

Murtada M. Sesay
Technical Officer (Pharmaceuticals)
UNICEF Supply Division

Tel: +45 3527 3098