[e-drug] accreditation of pharmacy diploma course in the Maldives (2)

E-DRUG: accreditation of pharmacy diploma course in the Maldives (2)

Dear Lisha,

I have passed your request to academics in the Victorian College of Pharmacy.

But I am wondering why you wish to lead to accreditation for courses
in Australia, NZ,  etc.  I would think that you have designed a
course that is relevant to your Maldives situation and which could be
very relevant for other small island nations.  It is our experience
that courses in Australia and NZ are not so relevant for developing
countries.  Is there not a risk that providing students with
accreditation to to study in Australia, NZ,  etc could lead to less
relevant courses as well as a possible brain drain?

Congratulations on developing a suitable curriculum for the Maldives!

best wishes

Beverley

Beverley Snell
Centre for International Health
Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research & Public Health
GPO Box 2284, Melbourne 3001 Australia
http://www.burnet.internationalhealth.edu.au

Telephone 613 9282 2115 / 9282 2275
Fax 61 3 9282 2144  or  9282 2100
Time zone: 11 hours ahead of GMT.
email <bev@burnet.edu.au>

Site: Alfred Medical Research & Education Precinct (AMREP),
corner Punt & Commercial Roads, Prahran 3181