[e-drug] Vacancy - pharmacist - drug information analyst

E-DRUG: Vacancy - pharmacist - drug information analyst

The position is at the Health Research Group, a division of Public
Citizen, the 150,000 member national non-profit, non-partisan,
member-supported public interest group founded by Ralph Nader and Sidney
Wolfe, M.D. in 1971. The Health Research Group promotes research-based,
system-wide changes in health care policy and provides oversight
concerning drugs, medical devices, doctors and hospitals and
occupational health.  Through our book Worst Pills, Best Pills, the
monthly newsletter Worst Pills, Best Pills News and our Web site
worstpills.org we provide a unique source of information for consumers
about the risks and benefits of prescription drugs.

This is a pilot project involving the development of a new web-based
prescription drug information site for consumers based on the Worst
Pills Best Pills book and newsletter.  The position runs for nine-months
and extension is contingent upon the success of the web site.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

1.      Remain current with the world's adverse drug reaction literature
through frequent PubMed searches and reviews of international drug
information bulletins.
2.      Ensure that the Web site is up to date.
3.      Create new drug profiles as needed.

QUALIFICATIONS:

1.      Pharm.D. or M.S., with a ASHP-accredited drug information
residency preferred.
2.      Good drug information retrieval and analytical skills.
3.      Good computer and writing skills mandatory.

SALARY/BENEFITS:

The salary for the nine-month pilot period is $30,000.  Good medical
and dental coverage.

TO APPLY:

Send a resume and two brief writing samples to: Personnel, Job No.
XXX-XXX, Public Citizen, 1600 20th St. NW, Washington, D.C. 20009.

Public Citizen is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a
non-smoking workplace.
Visit our websites at www.citizen.org/hrg and www.worstpills.org.
Please contact Meredith Larson at mlarson@citizen.org  for access to
the worstpills.org Web site.

Larry D. Sasich, Pharm.D., M.P.H., FASHP
Public Citizen's Health Research Group
1600 20th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20009
Voice: 202-588-7782