[e-drug] Combining oral hypoglycaemics? (2)

E-DRUG: Combining oral hypoglycaemics? (2)

You are correct, absolutely inappropriate and likely dangerous.

Go for chlorpropamide 500 mg + metformin 500. Met can then be
gradually increased up to 850 mg tds, if tolerated and RENAL
FUNCTION NORMAL.

I wanted to send you a reply to your earlier posting re chlorp/glib
but couldn't find the time. I'll do that as soon as possible though.

Valeria

Dr Valeria Frighi
Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism
Churchill Hospital
Oxford OX3 7LJ
UK
Tel  # 44 1865 857300