[e-drug] Can we document experiences with PEPFAR please? (7)

E-DRUG:  Can we document experiences with PEPFAR please? (7)

dear E-druggers,

Phillipa has hit the nail on the head.  What is needed is a broad
brush approach to local empowerment - working at school and
university levels to inspire an interest in health care, and awareness
of the need for a wide range of health workers; working with all
manner of training institutions to facilitate rapid training of the skilled
work force required, working with policy makers to facilitate the
introduction of appropriate systems to satisfy HR needs, designing
systems that are more appropriate developing country
environments.

There must be lessons to be learnt locally that rather than exporting
methods from developed countries.  Rather than the apparently
more simple but expensive drug related solutions, get involved in
research on behavorial, nutritional or environmental solutions.

Cheers

Billy

Billy Futter
Associate Professor
Faculty of Pharmacy
Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa
email B.Futter@ru.ac.za
phone 046 603 8494
fax  046 636 1205