[e-drug] Vaccines for immunisation programs

E-drug: Vaccines for immunisation programs

Information for vaccines purchased as part of Government
immunisation programs

The Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing would
like to collect information on the vaccines purchased for
administration in immunisation programs in Organisation for
Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) countries.

The activity follows on from the study 'Divergence of vaccine product
lines in industrialized and developing countries' written by World
Health Organization's Julie Milstien, World Bank's Sarah Glass and
Amie Batson, and Aventis-Pasteur's Michel Greco and Jacques
Berger.

In returning the proforma attached, please include a copy of your
Government's immunisation schedule.

Notes on completing the proforma

- If your country does not vaccinate against a particular disease
listed here, leave it blank.

- Please list all vaccine products used in Government programs,
under the relevant headings (if possible). A section for 'other
combination vaccines' is included for those vaccines that do not easily
fit into any other category.

- Volumes of vaccine are total volumes of any brand of vaccine that
contains all the antigens listed. For example in Australia, MMR
vaccine is given at 12 months and 4 years of age. Our cohort at 12
months of age is estimated as 245,000, while the cohort at 4 years of
age is estimated at 255,000. This means the total volume of MMR
doses for one year is 500,000.

- If you are unsure of the current conversion rate between your
country and Australia, please include information on the unit cost in
your country only or give the price in $US.

More information on this project can be obtained from Sharon Tuffin
or Letitia Toms by sending an email to handbook@health.gov.au

Information can be faxed to +61-2-6289.3677 or e-mailed to:
handbook@health.gov.au

Please return completed forms by Monday 1 December 2003.

                                   PROFORMA
Childhood vaccination programs - Government program vaccine unit
costs

Country: ........................................................

Currency conversion rate: .......................................
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|   Vaccine    |  Brands | Volume/year  |  Unit Cost   |            |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|MMR           |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                   |              |              |              |

|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                  |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                 |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                 |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|OPV           |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                 |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                 |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|IPV/IPV-comb|              |              |              |              |
|ation          |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                 |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                 |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                 |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                 |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|DPTa        |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                 |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                  |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                 |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|Hib            |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                 |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                 |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                 |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|HepB          |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                 |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                 |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|MenCCV   |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                 |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                 |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|7vPCV      |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                 |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                 |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|23vPPV     |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                 |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                  |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|Varicella     |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                  |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                 |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|Other         |              |              |              |              |
|combination |              |              |              |              |
|vaccines      |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                 |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                 |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|
|                  |              |              |              |              |
|--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------|

Vaccine Key:

MMR - measles, mumps and rubella vaccine
OPV - oral poliomyelitis vaccine
IPV - inactivated poliomyelitis vaccine
DTPa - diphtheria, tetanus and acellular pertussis vaccine
Hib - Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccine
HepB - hepatitis B vaccine
MenCCV - meningococcal C conjugate vaccine
7vPCV - 7 valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine
23vPPV - 23 valent pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine
Varicella - varicella-zoster vaccine

Dr Ammish Adu
Pharmaceutical Evaluation Section
Pharmaceutical Benefits Branch