[e-drug] Cerezyme

E-drug: Cerezyme

I am a pharmacist and practising in Kuwait. We now have a case of
Gaucher disease, which requires continuous treatment with a new
medicine called Cerezyme. This medicine is really expensive and
Genzyme is pricing it very high. They sell it for $1770/400u vial in the
USA. But in Kuwait they even sell it at $2331/400u vial. This is not
acceptable. A life saving drug should be equally available for all
patients around the world. Is there any legal action one can take
against the monopoly of that company? Or do you know if there is
any authority who can help stop this bad behaviour of those
companies? If you know of any, please let me know. We constantly
need that medication for that one case.

Mona Hussein
Pharmacist
Kuwait