[e-drug] Re: Reports of quality failure by multinationals

E-drug: [e-drug] Re: Reports of quality failure by multinationals

Ruwan,

Please start by searching our archives as we have had a discussion recently
as well as in 1999. We have a good search engine and you will be able to
retrieve all messages. You will find some references there to studies etc.
http://www.healthnet.org/programs/edrug.html

Reports on quality problems are normally received by regulatory authorities
which take actions to recall products. Regulatory authorities have
different policies on openness,  I think for US you will find such recall
letters on FDA website http://www.fda.gov. WHO Drug Information Newsletter
will also often quote such actions. I am not sure how widely this
newsletter is distributed in your country, it is normally sent to WHO
contacts (drug information contacts) and very often they represents the
regualtory authority or Ministry of Health.

Regards

Kirsten

Kirsten Myhr, MScPharm, MPH
Bygdoy alle 58B