[e-drug] USA Today on donations (cont)

E-drug: USA Today on donations (cont)
Dear Kirsten,

I fully agree with the points you raised regarding the donation with
leftover drugs. It is rather worrying to see that more donations have
been initiated with the un-used prescribed drugs such as
antidiabetics. This is a kind of dumping of un-used prescribed
medicines. In fact we used to receive a request from an organization
undertaking this kind of donation, to exempt it from the guidelines
for drug donation because the recipients are in great need for such
donation. Of course, there is no ground to exempt it.

Budiono Santoso
WPRO
Manila
SANTOSOB@wpro.who.int