[e-drug] EP resolution on South Africa (cont)

E-drug: EP resolution on South Africa (cont)
Dr.  Hoen,

Your message was very interesting. I am not familiar with the practical
workings of the European Parliament; because of which I have a question:
What are the pressure points of the pharmaceutical companies in
Europe? Is the resolution being drafted simply a political manoeuvre
to appease
constituents without having to do anything (as is often the case in the
states)? It would seem that a resolution bringing up the issue of price
controls or reference pricing of other on and  off patent products would do
more to  scare the bejeezus out of big PHARMA, possibly making them
want to make a settlement to protect their biggest marketplaces by
far.

Regards.

J. Niels Rosenquist
MD/PhD Student
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
The Wharton School
(215) 266-8388- Cell
"J. Niels Rosenquist" <jrosenqu@mail.med.upenn.edu>