[e-drug] Prescription fees

E-drug: Prescription fees
I am a Master's student in pharmacy practice at the University of the
Western Cape, South Africa.
In South Africa, the selling price of prescription medicine in
community pharmacies is based on a percentage markup on the price of
the product, followed by a discount to either the patient or the
medical scheme. The Pharmaceutical Society of South Africa has
developed a new pricing structure where the selling price of a
prescription item will consist of the cost of the item plus a fixed
professional fee for the pharmacist. This is to be implemented on 1
April 2001.
I am interested to find out how prescription items are priced in
community pharmacies in other countries. Have there been any
experiences with fixing a professional fee for community pharmacists?
I would appreciate any comments.
Sanri Terblanche
Master's student
"Sanri Terblanche" <sterblanche@uwc.ac.za>