E-DRUG: DDD for comparison of consumption

E-drug:  DDD for comparison of consumption
I think that the use of DDD's is a great idea. However in the circumstances
that we were doing the study, the intention was to try to determine what
data could be collected and simply analyzed.
I think that DDD data is probably more useful for analyzing stock
consumption data rather than for record review which was the intention in
this situation.
What was interesting to me is that it was possible to collect record based
data and subject it to simple analysis. The next stage will be to look in
more detail at a few conditions or drugs. This work is now underway.

Richard Laing
Associate Professor
Department of International Health
Boston University School of Public Health
715 Albany St
Boston MA 02118-2526
Tel 617 414-1444
Fax 617 638-4476