E-DRUG: courses

     Dear E-Druggers:
     Re:  course on prescribing

     Keith Johnson and I are looking for published articles or book
     chapters describing courses on teaching prescribing especially those
     taught by pharmacists to other health professionals.

     We taught for years a course to 1st year Georgetown med students, "How
     to be a good prescriber" (non-pharmacological aspects).  We presented
     it at FIP in Jerusalem and received encouragement to publish an
     article about it.

     No we don't have any evidence that the course had any positive affect
     in the long run.  For sure we would like to have it, but I don't
     recall any of the undergraduate medical courses being held to that
     standard.  We do know the students learned about sources of drug
     information and how to evaluate them.

     Thanks for your help.

     Pat Bush
     USP Division of Information Development