E-DRUG: Re: Original pack dispensing - The Malaysian situation

As for Malaysia, most drugs are also repacked (we inherited the British
system it seems). In our situation, there are a number of con's, namely:
1. The repacked medicines are improperly labelled especially those
obtained from the private sectors.
2. Being a dispensing doctor market, most drugs are dispensed by
non-pharmacists and the quality of dispensing (including counseling) are
not satisfactory.
3. We have documented a few `poisoning' cases as a result of
overdosages because the medicines are not properly prepared by the
dispensing personnel.

Regards,

DZULKIFLI Abdul-Razak
Director & Professor