[afro-nets] Esther's Story: Needless Blindness Eliminated

Imagine years of visual impairment brought to an end by a 15-minute surgery.

For 20-year old Esther, this miraculous transformation was a reality. She
suffered from cataracts in both eyes, and her limited vision prevented her from
succeeding in school. She was expelled from school due to her poor academic
performance. Though she was diagnosed with cataracts and knew that her visual
impairment could be corrected, Esther and her family didn't have the funds
necessary for cataract surgery. She therefore remained blind and relied on her
sibling to care for her.

That all changed when a friend of Esther's family benefited from a Unite For
Sight-supported eye surgery and encouraged Esther to receive eye care from
Crystal Eye Clinic's outreach in Elubo, Ghana. Esther had a Unite For
Sight-supported cataract surgery on one eye in May 2015, and she was truly
grateful to be able to see with one eye.  She just had another cataract surgery
yesterday in her other eye and is thrilled to now be able to see clearly in
both eyes. She says that she now plans to return to school and give the best
care to her 2-year old daughter.

We don't get to tell stories like Esther's often enough.  80% of blindness is
preventable or treatable, and 31 million people are needlessly blind.  With
your generous support, we can bring sight to 2,000 more people this holiday
season who are currently blind from cataracts. By sponsoring sight restoration
for patients like Esther in Ghana, India, and Honduras, your donation will help
end the needless blindness of so many who cannot afford this life-changing
surgery. <http://www.uniteforsight.org/give> No amount is too small to help us
reach our goal of raising $100,000 during December.

This holiday season, give the gift of sight
<https://maestropay.com/uniteforsight/give>.  You may also donate as a gift to
a family member or friend, and we'll provide you with a certificate to present
to your loved one.

Unite For Sight is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. 100% of all
funds donated to Unite For Sight provide eye care for patients living in
poverty.  Learn more about our leading financial model.
<http://www.uniteforsight.org/what-we-do/financial-model>

--
Jennifer Staple-Clark
Unite For Sight